Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Abhishek Kapoor turns down "Once Upon A Time in Mumbai"

Ekta Kapoor's Once Upon A Time In Mumbai starring Ajay Devgan, Emraan Hashmi, Kangana Ranaut and Prachi Desai will soon be ready to roll — but one actor who won't be part of it will be Ekta's cousin actor-director Abhishek (Gattu) Kapoor. Gattu (director of last year's Rock On) was last seen in Shikaar.

Ekta was keen that Abhishek play the police officer who sets out to arrest the underworld dons (played by Ajay Devgan and Emraan Hashmi). The source reveals, "Gattu, Ekta and Milan Luthria (director) met a few times. Things were almost working out till Gattu named his price."

Gattu is hesitant to talk about the role offered to hims, "I do get many acting offers but it would unfair of me to disclose the details. My priorities are very clear. Right now, I am only focusing on direction but if something good comes (in the way of roles), I might accept it. But I won't do anything on a lark."
The director believes cousin Ekta isn't upset that he isn't doing her film, "Ekta knows if she really wants me in any of her films she just has to call me and ask.

Gattu denies that money was the issue, "It's all depends on what is the part and how you offer it. It's various permutations and combinations. I would love to work with Tusshar and Ekta too in the future but the opportunity has to be bigger and larger if we are all coming together in one film."

Another source says, "After the narration, he refused the role, as he wasn't happy with it. Also he wanted us to complete his portions by July-August because of his directorial commitments and we couldn't, so it didn't work out."

No comments: