Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kangana is multi-talented

Kangna Ranaut has a few aces up her sleeve. And one thing she knows is that looking good is half the battle won in an industry where looks and glamour is an essential. So she has learnt the art of doing make up and admits that she does not need any make up artist to do a touch up for her if she has to get ready in a jiffy.


Busy doing the make up for her mother, who was going for her first television interview, Ranaut said, "I am a very good with make up. I prefer doing my own make up. The art of applying cosmetics on your face is that it should never look like you have put anything on your face, and that takes a long time."


It is believed that Ranaut preferred doing her own make up for Anurag Basu's Kites. Not just that, the Gangster actress also went shopping for her own clothes that was required in the film. Hailing from Manali, the actress would always experiment with her clothing, much to the horror of her parents. Ranaut revealed, "My father used to get shocked if I wore short clothes. But once I went to Chandigarh, I got a free reign and I could mix and match."


The artist in Ranaut is also visible in all the designing that is done in her house. Instead of hiring an interior decorator, Ranaut used her own skills and has done up her three bedroom apartment in Bandra in shades of black and white. Taking pride in her work, she said, "Even the name plate of my house is designed by me. I went to a shop that specializes in such designing and got them to custom make it for me."


All the designing sure cost the actress a pretty bomb, but with so many films up for release this year, Ranaut has worked hard to reach where she is today and to get what she wants.

No comments: